The UI / UX designer leads the visual design process in the creation of website user interfaces. The UI / UX designer may assume the role of lead designer, art director, copywriter and works with the creative director and experience architects in the development of key deliverables that include directional concepts, production-ready artwork, navigation systems and style guides. In working with the client and project members, the design team will produce detailed aesthetic layouts that define the specifications for style, size and position for the necessary pages elements/patterns. The UI/UX designer must understand the nuances and steer the relationship between aesthetics, usability, content strategy, front-end technologies and what it takes to connect it all to the very real implications of the platform. The role includes management of personal billable utilization; on-time/on-budget project performance and personal career development. Responsibilities include delegating day-to-day project tasks to production designers and managing the creative quality of those deliverables.
- Expert in the design craft.
- Proficient in conducting design workshops and requirements gathering.
- Expert in ecommerce systems, interaction models and user centered design.
- Expert in content architecture, content strategy, marketing and brand building.
- Able to lead design processes and speak to contemporary trends.
- Able to interpret client needs and create successful design solutions.
- Routinely delivers high-quality, high-production design and meets deadlines.
- Helps designers conceptualize and produce, and if needed, creates sketches or screen layouts to communicate direction for the visual components of interface design.
Design Software & Platforms
- Proficient in the latest creative software (Photoshop, Sketch, Marvel, Zeplin, Illustrator, and Acrobat).
- Proficient in the of delivery production-ready web graphics
- Peripheral knowledge of wireframe/prototyping software.
- Working knowledge of ecommerce design and platforms (preferably Commerce Cloud, Magento and Hybris)
Process & Documentation
- Follows operating processes and procedures (time entry, expenses, etc.).
- Demonstrates sound decision making and efficient use of time.
- Manages the definition, scheduling and communication for xd hours, timeline, deliverables, design reviews, etc. (both to client and team members).
- Manages activities of multiple projects simultaneously; while assessing and managing risk.
- Assumes responsibility for the work produced and takes ownership for resolving issues.
- Effectively manages scope of xd hours as well as xd implications on downstream development hours.
- Effectively prioritizes and delegates work to junior team members (appropriately).
- Willing to work extended hours to meet deadlines when required
- Strong presentation and communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Effectively prepares presentations for design reviews. Clearly articulates thoughts; design strategies, decisions, trade-offs, and is able to effectively and persuasively present work.
- Instills confidence, dependability and leadership (of yourself) among clients and team.
Team Management & Participation
- Participates in the creation of estimates (proven to be sound, accurate and profitable).
- Manages personal utilization (seeks out work and forecasts workload).
- Leads by example; motivates team members and builds great team chemistry.
- Develops subject matter expertise, process improvement and participates in training.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned which are reasonably within the scope of the duties enumerated above.
- Four-year design or graphics arts degree
- 6+ years of website design experience.
- Portfolio Website, Resume and Professional References
- Proficient in professional services and client engagement
- Proficient in online retail, B2B, B2C experiences